Prairie Festival 2020
Date: Friday, September 25, 2020 - Sunday, September 27, 2020
2440 E. Water Well Rd
Salina, KS 67401-9051
- Location: The Land Institute, 2440 E. Water Well Drive, Salina, KS 67401
Speakers and Theme
- 42nd Prairie Festival Theme: Stay tuned!
- Presenter Line-up: We will be announcing this year’s keynote speaker in Summer 2020. Check back then for more information on our speaker and artist lineup.
- Friday, September 25
- Registration opens 4-6 pm
- Barn dance starts at 8 pm
- Saturday, September 26
- Registration opens at 7 am
- Festival speakers and events 7:30 am – 9:00 pm
- Sunday, September 27
- Festival speakers and events 7:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Bookstore closes 1:00 pm
If you cannot make it to Prairie Festival in person or want to share the experience with friends and family at home, this year’s presentations will be available each day of the event via live stream.
- Saturday: check back here during the festival.
- Sunday: check back here during the festival.
General Event Information
- Meals may be purchased from a variety of on-site food trucks, or feel free to bring coolers. Food truck menus will feature our research crops and meat from bison pastured on our land in addition to other
selections including vegetarian options. There are also a number of restaurants within 10 minutes of The Land Institute.
- Primitive camping is available; no water or electrical hook-ups. Amenities include: port-a-potties, hand-washing stations, solar showers, an electronics charging station, and water stations. Campfires are permitted unless there is a county-wide burn ban.
- Kansas weather is unpredictable at all times of the year, so come prepared to be hot, cold, wet and/or dry. Comfortable shoes and layered clothing are always a good idea.
- Children’s area available Saturday 8 a.m.-12 p.m, 1-5 p.m., and Sunday 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Activities include: an art project, a nature walk, storytelling and hay bale fun.
- The bookstore sells a variety of Land Institute merchandise as well as books authored by our speakers and staff and CDs of the presentations.
- No pets are allowed at Prairie Festival.