2023 Eastern Nebraska Soil Health Conference
Date: Thursday, February 9, 2023
1071 County Rd G, August N. Christenson Building
Ithaca, NE 68033
The conference features innovative speakers who will share their experiences with various soil health practices. This is your opportunity to get your questions answered. Learn about the latest in perennial grains, cover crops, diversifying crop rotations, biochar, and other regenerative practices.
Topics and presenters include:
- Opportunities for Kernza® perennial grain – What it is and how it is grown – Roberta Rebesquini, UNL Graduate Student
- Biochar and its potential as a soil amendment – Britt Fossum, UNL Graduate Student
- What’s new in the cover crop industry – Davis Behle, Green Cover Seed.
- Moving forward requires looking backward: Benefits of re-diversifying crop rotations in the Midwest – Marshall McDaniel, Iowa State University
- Interseeding cover crops into early-season corn and soybean – What we learned and next step – Farmer panel with Chad Dane (Clay County) and Jay Goertzen (York County) moderated by Jenny Rees, Nebraska Extension Educator
- Practical tips for selecting and grazing forage cover crops – Mary Drewnoski, UNL Beef Systems Specialist; Nebraska farmer’s perspective on diverse crop rotations and intensification – Farmer panel with Angela Knuth (Saunders County), Garret Ruskamp (Cuming County), Kyle Riesen (Jefferson County), and Haldon Fugate (Gage County) moderated by Nathan Mueller, Nebraska Extension Educator
There is no fee to attend, but pre-registration is required by Feb. 4, 2023. Register at: https://enrec.unl.edu/nebraska-cover-crop-conference/