Jump!Star Constellate 4: Traditional Food + Future Farms
Date: Friday, September 7, 2018 - Saturday, September 8, 2018
4110-4526 E 17th St N.
Wichita, KS 67208
FREE and Open to the Public
Friday, September 7
Wichita State University, Experimental Engineering Building lobby
Doors open at 5:30 p.m., presentations 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- George Ferrandi, Creative Director of Jump!Star will introduce this Intergalactic Initiative and talk about cooking in the future – with crickets!
- Sonali McDermid, Jump!Star team Climatologist and Professor of Environmental Studies at New York University will look deep into Kansas’ future and imagine what farming might look like in a thousand years.
- Fred Iutzi, President of The Land Institute will talk to us about perennial polycultures like Kernza – a super food of the future!
Saturday, September 8
Council Grove, KS
- 9:00 a.m. Guided Prairie Walk, Allegawaho Heritage Memorial Park (S 525 Rd, Council Grove, KS) Free & open to the public, drop-ins welcome.
- 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Future Foods Presentation + Traditional Foods Potluck Council Grove United Methodist Church Great Room (21 North Mission Street). Bringing a dish that is part of your family or personal tradition of celebration to the lunch potluck is your admission ticket! George Ferrandi, Sonali McDermid, and Fred Iutzi give an encore of their discussion from the night before.
SPONSORED BY: Symphony in the Flint Hills, Wichita State University, Harvester Arts and Chamber Music at the Barn, The Land Institute