Prairie Festival 2018
Date: Friday, September 28, 2018 - Sunday, September 30, 2018
2440 E. Water Well Road
Salina, Kansas 67401
The Land Institute’s annual Prairie Festival will be September 28-30, 2018. Online registration is now closed. Registrations for the rest of the weekend are walk-up only.
Check here for the most updated list of speakers, guests, and activities.
Logistics Information for Attendees
- Hotels: Several local hotels are offering special Prairie Festival/Land Institute rates: Candlewood Suites, HIlton Garden In, Holiday Inn Salina, and La Quinta Inn. Go to our Visit Us page for more information/links on these and other local lodging options.
- Camping: The Land Institute campus offers a site for primitive camping. PLEASE NOTE: There will be no camping on the south campus this year, as grass has just been replanted after the new greenhouse construction. All camping will be on the north side of the road.
- Food: There will be on-site food trucks or feel free to bring coolers.
- Kids: A supervised children’s area will be available only on Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with an hour break at noon for lunch.
- Pets are not allowed at the festival.
and other travel and lodging.
The Prairie Festival offers a unique opportunity to interact with some of the world’s most compelling authors, thinkers, artists, and advocates focused on agriculture, food, the environment, science, sustainability, and social and environmental justice. Our science staff provides tours and an in-depth update on our plant breeding and ecology work and partnerships. There will be food, music, art, the Hedge Fire Circle, and always a few surprises.
You can view videos of talks and presentations from previous Prairie Festivals in our Video & Audio Library.