Come join us for the 42nd perennial Prairie Festival.
Stay tuned: full speaker line-up will be announced in the coming weeks!
This year’s Prairie Festival festivities will include our perennial favorites:
- Friday night barn dance with the Land Band
- Sunday morning concert by Ann Zimmerman
- Sunrise yoga with local yoga instructor, Rachel Bieker
- guided prairie walk with Aubrey Streit Krug
- Art exhibition by Erin Wiersma
- Research updates and plot tours by our lead scientists
- Prairie Festival Bookstore featuring titles from our staff and speakers and more
Food options include:
- Saturday morning Kernza® pancake breakfast
- Concessions from Prairieland Market throughout
- Food trucks for lunch and dinner on Saturday
Protocol is subject to change due to circumstances at the time of event. Masks are strongly encouraged for unvaccinated individuals. We will have masks available at registration for those who need them. Please use the hand sanitizer stations, which will be set up near communal areas such as the big barn, concessions, and bookstore.
The open barn holds several hundred guests, there will be stadium seating in bleachers immediately around the barn, and there will also be some room to spread out on the surrounding lawn for those who wish to space out further. If you are unsure about attending the event, livestreaming and recordings are also available.